International Student Applications

International applicants must comply with all regulations of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service as well as with applicable policy of Board of Regents of the University of Hawai‘i and the policies of UH Maui College.  For purposes of clarifying requirements for admission, international students who are not U.S. citizens and who have not been admitted to live in the U.S. permanently are designated as non-immigrants.  The College is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.  Contact Admissions & Records at (808) 984-3267 for rules and regulations, international student admission requirements, and international student steps to apply website.

In addition to the two general admission documents required for all students, international students must:

  • Complete the International Student Supplementary Information form.  Current bank statements and financial aid award letters must accompany the Supplementary Information form.
  • Demonstrate English proficiency
  • In compliance with public health regulations, new students prior to enrollment must show evidence that they are free of active tuberculosis and measles, mumps, and rubella.  The College complies with all applicable requirements of other state health agencies & councils as may be required by law or by rules & regulations.
  • Demonstrate proof of enrollment in a health and accident insurance plan before being permitted to enroll.  The intent of this requirement is to protect international students against the high cost of unanticipated health care expenses resulting from accident or illness.  The average cost for student health insurance per year is approximately $5,000.  More information on student health insurance plans is available here or from Admissions & Records.

International students are required to take a full course load (a minimum of 12 credits a semester toward their program).   

Individuals from foreign countries who reside in the State of Hawai‘i and who wish to be accepted as students at the College (and who seek student visas) should obtain additional info from the Admissions & Records Office.

For information, call 808-984-3267.

Arrangements for housing must be made prior to arrival.