Electronic & Computer Engineering Technology
The Electronic & Computer Engineering Technology (ECET) program provides students with the skills and knowledge required for entry level employment within the high-technology industry as electronic /electro-optic technicians, renewable energy technicians, telecom technicians, and network system administrators. Students learn fundamental engineering concepts, computer programming, mathematics, and physics relevant to a wide variety of industries on Maui. Training, equipment, and supplies are provided for 3-D printing and circuit board fabrication. Software applications for circuit simulation, CAD, finite element analysis, and microprocessor control are utilized. The program requires written and verbal proficiencies and emphasizes laboratory competencies. Internship and job placement opportunities in a variety of engineering technology positions are provided. The ECET program also includes a Certificate of Competence (CO) and Certificate of Achievement (CA) in Information Security Specialist.
Contact Elisabeth Dubuit, at 984-3706 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Analyze, design, and implement electro-optic systems, control systems, instrumentation systems, communication systems, computer systems, or power systems.
- Apply project management techniques to electrical/electronic(s) and computer systems.
- Utilize appropriate mathematics at the level of algebra and trigonometry to solve technical problems.
- Demonstrate critical engineering technology skills and experiences such as: making existing technology operate, creating/selecting new technology, troubleshooting, calibrating, characterizing, and optimizing.
- Demonstrate engineer’s way of thinking, analyzing technology as systems.
- Demonstrate engineer professional skills such as communication and managing projects;
- Demonstrate proficiency in the general education college core requirements: creativity, critical thinking, oral and written communication, information retrieval, and quantitative reasoning;
Demonstrate a respect for diversity and a knowledge of contemporary professional, societal and global issues; and
Commit to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.