Eligible high school students who demonstrate college readiness may concurrently enroll for coursework at Maui College while completing high school requirements.
High school students may attend college classes during the fall, spring, and summer terms while earning both high school and college credits.
General Procedure for Enrolling in an Early College Program:
- Contact your high school College and Career Counselor about the different early college programs (details below).
- Discuss the program you are interested in with your parent or legal guardian. Please understand, these are college courses with higher-education-appropriate content.
- Submit an online UH System Application and select “Running Start, Early Admission and Jumpstart (Non-Degree)” as your planned Course of Study.
- If you are receiving both high school and college credit for courses, complete a Dual Credit Application as well. See details below for other possible required enrollment forms specific to your program of choice.
- Review and complete EdReady placement for math and English classes. For more information on EdReady placement and testing visit The Learning Center.
- Submit all required documents to your high school counselor who will then review and submit them to the Admissions and Records Office. If you are home schooled, please submit all required documents directly to the Admissions & Records Office at Maui College, Hoʻokipa Building, 310 W. Kaʻahumanu Ave. Kahului, HI 96732.